Monday, February 5, 2007

2 Songs

This is to make up for the song I missed Yesterday...

I'm actually thinking to take down this blog. It's getting a wee bit too hard to maintain. Barns was right.. A Song A day, is just too hard. Fuck

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

I first heard this track.. NOT on Grey's Anatomy, I don't watch that. I was actually downloading this big ass torrent called Indie Playlist, As it turns out, it's actually a compilation of probable hits for the upcoming month.. I think. Basically there's this guy who I don't know how he does it, but he screens like gazillions of mp3s and just produces this big ass file 600mb worth of mp3s that's around 100 or so mp3s that's a lot of new music for 1 month. :) Heck. Anyway, As I was trying to screen or scour my mp3 collection, I stumbled upon this song Chasing Cars, which at first listen really got my attention, I told my friend about it I told him to listen to this new song by Snow Patrol because it's a sure winner. ;) I don't know if he took my advice but anyway, after 2 weeks I hear it on the radio getting maximum media mileage. :)

TOLDJA!

Well the song is perfect for those sulking moments at home while looking out the window thru the rain. :) It starts of melancholic and sad, and ends in a really high note.. like it's giving you hope but not really? :D You get the idea.

Song Rating ****

Endless A Silent Whisper by Urbandub

Cebu-based Rockers broke thru the Manila scene with their unique sound. At First listen actually you'd think that these guys were foreigners. Excellent recording, Excellent arrangement and really really deep lyrics. :)

Song is dark and heavy. Influences of Reggae is prevalent in their riffs, Drumming is superb. I actually thought that this was done digitally. Because of their ill beats. :) It's heavy without the screaming. It's dark enough but not too dark to wallow you in sadness. There are Parokya ni Edgar / Barenakedladies type of bands and there are Bamboo type of bands. What sets these guys apart is that you can actually hear their dedication to their craft.

Urbandub is one of the country's serious musicians.

Song Rating *****

No comments: