Saturday, February 3, 2007

The 3 lost Reviews

I owe all of you 3 songs (add the 19 there)

But I plan to give you all the missing 3 :)

The Prayer by Bloc Party

The boys are back. :) Bloc Party is at it again with their new song..The Prayer. Well, it's a lot different from their previous songs, like The Banquet and Helicopter. The song starts of with a *dug tak dug tak* beat from the bass drum and snare, This isn't a guitar driven song, I think it's more beat-driven. :) There's not much to hear but it's still dance-able which is a Bloc Party signature, It sounds a bit darker than their other songs, I guess they're growing as an artist and are trying out a new route.. :) But I particularly didn't like this song at first listen. It took me about 5-10 spins after that the track went from "BOOOORIIINGGGG.." to "PWEDE"

*** for this song.

Dig by Incubus

So-Cal Funk-Rock band Incubus releases their much anticipated 5th-Album. Light Grenades. This song Dig is I think the 3rd track. Slow intro... Electric guitars and Acoustic Guitar... This is a typical Incubus slow song. This is not a song that you can rock out to but most certainly bob your head to. Dj Killmore is really one of the most talented DJ's out there I don't know but he, I believe gives Incubus their distinctive flavor, upon closer listen you'd hear his turntable effects in the background. I also like the way he integrates black masking as a part of the song. I wonder how they would do this live? :)

**** for this song

Thriller by Fall Out Boy

Now this is a song you can rock out to. Jay-Z does his monologue thing at the start and intro's the song.. I think this song would really make it big. A song heavy on distortion. :) I'm sure this song was meant to be played LOUD. So when playing this tune be sure to crank up the volume and bust your eardrums :) I like the part where
Patrick Stump shouts... "WHOOOOOOOOO!!!" hihihi I don't know.. but it just gives it more.. energy.. :)

**** for this song

No comments: