Tuesday, April 24, 2007

19-2000 by Gorillaz

Damon Albarn, the brains behind the fictitious band Gorillaz, recently said that Demon Days will be Gorillaz' last studio album.

That's too bad. Although I didn't particularly like Demon Days, I thought that their first album was unbelievably good and very ingenius. To create a fictitious band (complete with story lines of each respective member) was really something, probably akin to when Paul McCartney created the concept of Sgt. Pepper, an album that would do the touring for them.

Anyway, on to the song review of 19-2000.

I can't remember if 19-2000 was the first or second Gorillaz song I heard (the other being Clint Eastwood). But at the time, it was all Creed, Korn, and Creed and Korn clones, on the radio, and I found it rather refreshing to hear something else.

19-2000 was fun and upbeat, a great pick-me-up song, with a really catchy melody. It was different and strangely funny. A great song stemming from a great concept. Astig! Cool!

Song Rating: ****

No comments: