Monday, April 2, 2007

(Just Like) Starting Over

Ummm... I guess a little bit of introduction is in order.

I'm Barry, and I'm going to be regularly contributing my song reviews to this space.

I'm not exactly taking over from Rad, per se; it's more of that I thought that I could help him out a bit, since I'm, for lack of a better word, bored. I don't know if and when Rad will be back, but for now, I will be your co-host.

Anyway, I used to maintain a music blog, #9 Dream, and even had ambitious plans for it (aka earning from Adsense). But sadly, about two weeks into it, laziness got the better of me and I scrapped the whole thing.

Anyway, enough talk and on to my first review... something I think appropriate for the occasion.

(Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon

Lennon did not get to see this song go to #1 in the charts as he was sadly killed a few weeks before the song was released. Anyway, the song has a timeless feel as there are hints of the 60s, 70s and 80s rolled into this song. Oh, and let's not forget the 50s as John goes into his Elvis-bit in opening the chorus.

The song talks of a failed relationship, but the hero is still hoping and wanting to work things out. There just has been too many moments shared with each other, and to throw it all away would indeed be a waste. I guess we all have been in this situation before, haven't we? :)

This is nowhere near my favorite Lennon song of all time, but on its' own, it's good enough.

Song Rating: ****

---

Link: (Just Like) Starting Over Video

1 comment:

radiculous said...

pucha you're doing a much better job at this.. hahah! :D welcome to the family :D the family of you and me.