Thursday, April 19, 2007

Je t'aime... moi non plus by Serge Gainsbourg (feat. Jane Birken)

I oftentimes find myself in the mood to listen to Serge Gainsbourg. The controversial Gainsbourg (who once said 'I want to fuck you' to Whitney Houston on live French TV) would make you feel like you are a French James Bond out to save the girl from distress. (Or it could also be Austin Powers, take your pick).

Anyway, Je T'aime Moi Non Plus (I love you.. I don't either) is a back and forth conversation between a man and a woman. If the song were to be described in one word, the word would have to be "orgasmic". Because that's what it actually sounds like, with the moans and sultry bedroom voice.

I don't understand French, but my bestfriend (Wikipedia) translated the lyrics for me. Some of the words are..

"I come and I go, in between your hips"
"You are the wave, I am the naked island"
"Physical love is without end"

So wiki also said Gainsbourg and Birken were actually engaged in sexual intercourse when they were recording this song. Upon listening, it may not be hard to imagine that it's actually possible.

Song Rating: ****

---

Link: Je t'aime... moi non plus

No comments: