Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Simple X by Andrew Bird

I've read much critical acclaim from Andrew Bird releases in the past (especially his 2005 release 'Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs'), but I just didn't have the time to check it out. Anyway, seeing his latest album, Armchair Apocrypha, I decided to have a go.

Simple X, my favorite track in the album, blends together dreampop and indierock, along with a hint of electronica. The song reminds me of Made Up Love Song #43 by the Guillemots released about a year back. Anyway, vocals eerily sound like Thom Yorke of Radiohead fame, which is actually a very good thing.

I also read that this is actually a remake of the song Simple Exercises by Dosh. I tried to compare the two songs and came to the conclusion that you'd be better off not hearing the original (unless if a whole lot of ambient noise is what you fancy).

Song Rating: *****

---

Link: Simple X by Andrew Bird MP3. Link courtesy of *sixeyes

No comments: