Sunday, April 8, 2007

What I've Done by Linkin Park

Way back in 2000, when I first heard One Step Closer by Linkin Park on the radio, I immediately liked what I heard. There was just something about the band that I knew they were going to be huge. And sure enough, they did, and became one of the biggest, if not the biggest band on the planet.

But soon after, my interest in LP waned, and I think I just grew up and graduated from rap-rock / nu metal to lo-fi indie pop-rock. I was one of those who wanted Chester Bennington out of LP (he is an amazing vocalist, and his talent is just being wasted with the rap rock crap).

Anyway, today, I happen to stumble upon Linkin Park's latest video, What I've Done. No Mike Shinoda's MC-ing, and minimal shots of Joe Hahn headbanging to his turntable. Great.

I've read that LP wanted to change it up a bit (adding instruments like banjo, which seems to be the rage these days, after Sufjan Stevens made it uso). The song still sounds like LP (minus the rap part), and I think it's something the high school kids of today will love.

I don't like LP as much as I did anymore, but I still think this is a generally good song.

Song Rating: ***

---

Link: What I've Done by Linkin Park video

1 comment:

Jaunty Edward said...

Hi,

Linkin Park have released a new single. You can find the Lyrics and Video of Linkin Park What I've Done here.

Linkin park What I've Done Lyrics

You can even send the complete lyrics on this song in an email to your friends or yourself.

Thanks,
Bye