Saturday, April 28, 2007

So What by Miles Davis

Continuing on with my jazz trip the past few weeks...

So a couple of nights ago, I dreamt I was a world class trumpeteer. Yeah! Hayop! And I was playing on stage, with an orchestra, and I was the soloist for one of the main performances. And the song we were performing was the classic So What by Miles Davis. Yeah! Topak na panaginip hahaha

The song is actually a great song for a master improvisator, as backed by the suave bass and piano, you can just go crazy. You can just freakin' blow into your trumpet (sounds kinda sexual, doesn't it) and just do whatever with your fingers. That is, if you really knew how to play the trumpet.

But in my dream, I did know how, and got a standing ovation for it. Too bad, I had to wake up and stop reveling in all the adulation. Shit. Fuck. At least, kahit sa panaginip, I was Miles for a day.

Song Rating: *****

No comments: