Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Billy Boy by Queso and Radioactive Sago Project

Queso, formerly known as Cheese collaborates with Radioactive Sago. This outfit is a fusion of Jazz-Rock and ofcourse let's not forget Spoken word, mix that up with Queso's heavy-metal / screamo roots. and you've got one helluva track. This track is a mishmash of textured sounds. Underneath all the shredding and wild guitar solos, There's the steady drumbeats, trumpets and bongos. On top of that you'd hear Lourd's spoken word poetry. It's hard to concentrate to just one sound when this track is just full of interesting sounds. I have never been a fan of screamo. I always found it to be noise. I mean what's the point of just shouting anybody can do that right? As I found out the hardway, not all can just scream their lungs out and pass it off as music. I guess that's what some people call talent?

As I said I wasn't a fan, but this track made me listen to it in its entirety normally I'd just press the "next" button on iTunes but I guess Radioactive Sago Project saved this track from utmost forwardedness :)

Listen to when: You're going nuts, Fought with your girlfriend.

No comments: