Monday, January 29, 2007

The World Is Our Playground and We Will Always Be Home by Updharma Down

I know, another updharmadown song, but this band is just too good that their music has been making it's rounds and moooore rounds in both my office computer and my ipod, I just couldn't get enough of it. A perfect blend of sound.

The song starts off with a guitar key.... like a siren.. that gets louder and louder.. like an alarm. Enter soulful Armi.. with "You're my sunshine... my occassional rain.." The beat actually sounds like it came from a drum machine or it was created by a synthesizer, but astoundingly, this was all analog. Nothing digital here. AMAZING how they achieved this sound. Maybe it's because of Ean's Drum and Bass influence.

First heard this song because it was sent to me by my friend who actually looks up to this band and boy was I glad he sent this song to me while I was in China. This was actually the track that sold me to the album.

Listen to when: You wanna recall what it's like to be a Child :D

**Renewed formatting I will now omit the Listen to when portion and just add *'s. since it's easier and at least actually RATING a song would prove more useful, don't you think?

Ratings go as high as 5 *'s and as low as ZERO. :)

Thanks

No comments: