Monday, January 22, 2007

With A Smile by Eraserheads and Southborder

In light of past events, Ely Buendia, frontman of perhaps the greatest band of the 90's. The Eraserheads recently suffered a heart attack but he's ok now, he underwent 2 angioplasties. We thought we lost you there buddy. Everyone has been talking about this. Rumors have spread that he is dead, comatosed, circumcised, you know the drill.. ;D anyway, We're just glad that he's doing fine. So this review is I guess to pay him tribute. :)

With A Smile.

I know all of you know what this song is. :D starts of with Lift Your Head.. I don't need to expound more on this tune since it's all too familiar with the most of you :D If I'm not mistaken, With A Smile is the first slow song of the Eraserheads. It's light-ER compared to their previous hits, Ligaya, Pare Ko, etc. This song will definitely be in my list of songs I can listen to 24/7. Since it holds a lot of good memories. And listening to it just brings them all back.. Good times.

Listen to when: You want to remember those days with the boys. (Early 90s onwards.)

I'm cheating I know, I'm way behind with my song reviews so just let me do my thing I plan on completing all the backlog :)

The Southborder rendition, When I first saw the tracklisting, I was surprised to see Southborder on the list. I mean, They are not a rock band and the album Ultraelectromagneticjam was composed of bands/artists in the alternative genre. :) So naturally I was curious as to what they could bring to the table, Yes Southborder is one of the Philippine's Premiere Bands. Having undergone numerous lineup changes. They have proven time and time again that they still have it. Just goes to show you can't silence a good band :) I was actually surprised to hear what they've done to the Eraserheads classic :) I actually loved it not as good as the original but hey.. they owned it this time. They replaced Ely's vocals with 3 vocals. They have 3 vocalists I didn't think they'd pull it off but they did.

They changed the feel and sound of it.. from an NU hit you can now play it in JAM 88.3 :) Good job guys. ;)

Listen to when: You miss the Eraserheads but not really.. Who am I kidding? Everybody misses the E-heads.

No comments: