Thursday, January 18, 2007

Maalala Mo Kaya - Nyko Maca + Playground

Amidst all the Boom-tarat-tarat's, Sam Milby and Piolo Pascual intentionally polluting the airwaves, Sometimes, A savior, musical genius comes along. I guess we really need to suffer to appreciate the pleasure :) Nyko Maca, a runner-up in the now debunked ABS-CBN show Star in a Million, has formed her own band named, Nyko Maca + Playground :) It still amazes me as to why this talented vixen didn't win the contest, I guess it's a good thing that she got first runner up cuz we have been given the opportunity to get a chance to hear what unmanufactured music she has to offer to us :)

She takes Bossanova to a whole new level, mixing it with electronica, funky grooves and ill hiphop influence. Now that's what I call musicmanship.. or in her case, musicwomanship :)

Here's a song that's worth grooving to, Much like a Chillitees favorite..Sumayaw (Review to follow) The song kicks off with an ill bassline and then enter chillax beats, add to that the texture of the scratches.. This is the type of song that you'd get to hear when you're watchin' mtv with all those blingbling..:) The beat reminds me of Jocelyn Enriquez's baby I want you.. :) and for me, that's a good thing :D It's the first song on her EP Manifesto in the Raw :) hook line sinker right there..

Her voice sounds so familiar, I just can't place it. Shit! I hate this.

Perfect to listen to when: You just wanna bob your head. Be it in the cubicle, the john, the car, the bar..whereever! Infectious BEATS IN THE HOUSE!!!!

No comments: